In this article I am going to show you how to rate a seller on Fiverr.
But before we move on to the steps to rate a seller, let’s quickly understand the feedback process to ensure you do not make any mistakes when rating.
(P.S. There are some secret rating which you can leave which can only be viewed by Fiverr and not the seller – We will discuss it as well)
As a buyer, you have the option to rate a seller after your order is completed.
This simply means that after approving the order completion on Fiverr, you can acknowledge the person’s job or disregard the job done for you.
The kind of comment you make and the number of stars you give are very important to the seller because that is where his/her’s reputation lies.
The seller also has the chance to review buyers too but this is not as important as the buyer’s review of the seller as this is what other buyers will see when they want to give such seller a job.
The process of rating a seller on Fiverr is quite straightforward.
If you are familiar with rating an app on the Google app store then you would not have any issue here because it’s the same process.
So when a job is submitted to a buyer, you have the chance to go through it, check for errors, and request for changes or modifications if necessary.
But if the buyer is ok with it, they can accept and once they accept the job, the option to rate the seller will pop out on the order page.
It comes in form of five stars and a text box to write something about the seller. It also appears this same way.
You can only write a review about a seller when you purchase a service from him/her.
After order delivery, the system would ask you to grade your experience with the seller in terms of “Communication”, “Service as described” and “Buy again or would recommend” on an individual scale of 1 – 5 and a box for you to write a comment.
These individual ratings would sum up to give them their overall rating of which 1 is poor and 5 is exceptional.
On clicking ‘Accept and Review Order’, you will be able to give feedback on your order which would only be visible to the seller after he/she also reviews their experience working with you.
You can provide feedback after 10 days from the completion of the order.
Now let’s look at the steps to rate a seller on Fiverr.
Steps To Rate A Seller On Fiverr
- Log in to your Fiverr account, and ensure you are in the buying mode
- Click on ‘Orders’ from the menu bar
- Click on the particular order that you want to add feedback on (which must have been delivered) and scroll down to the bottom of the orde
- Rate the seller on a scale of 1 – 5 stars (minimum and maximum ratings).
- Write a comment about the seller and his/her service(s).
That’s it. You have successfully reviewed a seller on Fiverr and now your feedback on the seller’s page would be visible to anybody that visits it.
It is however important to note that once you leave feedback, it’s impossible to delete it or even edit it.
The under-listed are the areas you can rate a seller:
- Communication With Seller: Seller’s responsiveness while working on your project.
- Service as Described: How much the service delivered matches what was written in the seller’s gig description.
- Buy Again or Recommend: Would you use the services of the seller again in the future or recommend him/her to other buyers?
- What it was like working with this Seller: This is where you get to write out why you chose the seller and if he/she helped achieve your goals.
Please note the following:
A seller is at discretion to add a sample of a delivered work to their Live Portfolio if such work is an image or video file.
You, however, may want to remove it while adding feedbacks which can be done by clicking on ‘Checkmark’ which appears on it.
In addition to providing positive feedback, you can endorse the seller’s skill as well if you are very satisfied with his/her job.
Providing Private Feedback
If you are a buyer then you get a final opportunity to review a seller and it will not be disclosed to the seller.
You can provide feedback about the seller privately by answering a set of questions using the multiple-choice options.
- How would you rate the overall quality of this delivery?
- How closely did this delivery meet your expectations?
- Was this delivery useful for your needs?
Note that this step is not mandatory and you can skip it and also there is no information regarding the impact of this feedback.
However, this information will certainly help Fiverr in improving their platform which is good for both buyers and sellers. So, I recommend you provide private feedback to Fiverr.
Once you are done with this step, there is nothing else to do with the order. You have successfully completed the whole process.
And that brings us to the end of this article and that is how you rate a seller on Fiverr.