Haven’t got your first sale on Redbubble or looking for ways to increase your earnings?
In this article, you will learn some of the best tips based on my results and if you follow them you will be able to boost your sales and become successful on Redbubble.
Note: Success can vary from person to person, but on average, I make around $250 to $300 in sales per month on Redbubble following the strategies mentioned in this article. However, my results are not typical and you might make less or more depending on your commitment level and other factors.
Before we get started let’s first understand why people don’t make a good profit on Redbubble. Here are the five reasons why 99% of people fail on Redbubble. (Don’t do these)
- Not using collections, it may not seem obvious but it can help send link juice and rank your designs on Google search since you’ll be adding related designs to the collection. Also search traffic will help you get you sales when Redbubble runs retargeting ads. So, start using collections to organize your shop.
- Limiting the opportunity by using only one theme in the design. When you create a design, you should focus on having multiple subjects in your design so your odds of getting sales are higher. For example, combine a trending sunset design with a Pitbull.
- Most people don’t increase their price margin, which means they make less profit for every sale. Based on my experience you can increase the margin to 80%, 100% or even 150% for items like stickers, so you don’t make pennies for every sale. Always do a trial and error with the profit margin and find what works best for you.
Alright! Now you know the mistakes that you should avoid on Redbubble. Let us look at the best tips to make more sales on Redbubble.
Create Trending Designs
Design trends on Redbubble are always evolving and changing, but if you follow the trend and make designs, you can make your first Redbubble sale quickly and easily.
What’s popular one month might not be the same in another month. It’s important to keep up with these changes by following current social media trends. In addition to that, you can also follow the steps mentioned below to find trending designs on Redbubble.
- Search a category of your choice, such as “tribal arts” or “candy”
- Sort the page by “Trending”
- Look at the designs and identify similarities in shape, color, font, theme and design structure
- Make a note of what is working well and use it as an inspiration to create your designs
From my personal experience, I found colors like black and white, yellow, purple, and pink sell well on Redbubble.
Also, you can use geometric patterns such as stripes, grids, or stars on your designs, as they also tend to perform well on Redbubble.
Optimize Your Tags
People do not make sales because they don’t optimize tags on Redbubble for SEO.
In the past, people focused more on their designs instead of the tag they used. Now, designers are more inclined to using relevant tags to optimize their products to show up on top of the Redbubble marketplace.
The most effective way to get your design found on Redbubble is by using a relevant low competition tag. You can use some free tools like MerchTitants to generate Redbubble tags for your designs.
If you are not sure about tags, they are basically keywords that people can search for when looking for your work. They help increase your visibility in search engine results and help draw in more customers.
It’s important that you choose and add tags that are relevant to your designs. You can add a maximum of 50 tags on Redbubble but make sure not to spam tags as it can negatively impact your Redbubble account and sometimes you can also get banned by Redbubble.
Design More Stickers
Stickers are the most sold items on Redbubble, creating designs targeting stickers is a great strategy.
People are more inclined to buy stickers than other products on Redbubble because the cost is comparatively lesser.
Also, there are bulk discounts available for stickers and buyers do purchase them time and again.
So, plan a list of designs that you can use to make stickers for every month considering the other tips mentioned in this article.
Make Sure Every Product Looks Nice
Create a design that fits many products on Redbubble and make sure to take time to align them properly on every product. Once you make sure that the design looks good on all the products, you can easily duplicate the design and change it when you are uploading your next design.
So it’s just going to be a one-time effort, but it will help you reach more customers and sales in the marketplace.
And when there is a similar design to your product from a competitor, Redbubble will promote your product over your competitors since you have more options to sell which is good for the platform. So, it is a good idea to create a design that fits multiple products.
Also, make sure to keep an eye on the new product launches by Redbubble and enable them for your old designs as they also tend to be on-trend and will boost your sales.
Use Trending And Evergreen Topics
It is important to have a niche that will be lucrative in the long run but to explode your earnings on Redbubble you should also upload trending designs.
First I would recommend you to ask the below questions before finalizing your niche.
- What do you know and how to do?
- What makes your heart go pitter-patter?
Once you have your answers then you decide on the niche and after that do your topic research.
Finding Trending Topics:
The popularity of trends is something that has been increasing in recent years. Trends are easy to implement and can help you with your sales as well as with getting visibility on the Redbubble platform.
One of the best ways to find a niche is by searching on your favorite social media platforms, such as Instagram or Twitter. Then take a look at hashtags that are trending on these platforms and try to see if any themes make sense to create a design and implement.
You can also search those topics on Redbubble and check the competition and success rate and then start designing.
Websites and Platforms that you can use to find trends:
- Google Trends
- Instagram and Twitter Hashtags
- Facebook Trending Topics
- Keep an eye on the news
Finding Evergreen Topics:
Go through all of the categories on Redbubble and see what looks profitable for your product type. If you are not sure, try going through some popular Redbubble artists and see if any of their items look like something that would sell well for you or if any of their products match.
You can also find out which topics were trending around these interests in the past year and see if they’re still trending. If you see steady growth over the past few years, then it is a good niche to target for evergreen topics.
I have made my first sale from an evergreen topic and it still brings me sales. So, always have 50% evergreen designs on your store to maintain a steady income.
Find Low Competition Niches
To find low competition niches, it is important to first determine your audience. You can choose the most popular topics, but you will need to make sure that your niche is not too broad.
Low Competition Niches are those that have less than 10% of the market share. An easy way to find these niches on Redbubble is by targeting a particular style or design type such as “vintage” or “romantic”.
Below are some ideas to find low competition niches:
- Start searching by category: Searching by category will help you narrow down your choices and find niches with fewer competitors.
- Size: Don’t just look at the category “clothing,” but also the size of your design – this will help you find more niche categories like “t-shirts” and “bathroom décor.”
- Browse through the latest popular designs: The top selling designs will be found in this way. You can then decide which ones are relevant or not for your design style.
- Utilize tools: You can use tools like merchtitants to simplify the research process
- There are many ways to find low competition niches on Redbubble including finding related topics, brainstorming unique ideas, and researching trends.
Be Consistent And Upload Everyday
Many artists often struggle with artwork production and the idea of uploading consistently on Redbubble can be daunting. However, it is important to upload designs regularly because only 30% of your designs make sales.
So when you have more art posted on Redbubble, you have a better chance of reaching out to the customers and increasing sales.
Here are some tips to come up with more design ideas:
- Go through your own past designs or sketches you’ve done
- Keep an open mind and be ready to explore other mediums like ETSY for ideas
- Use Instagram and Pinterest to find quote inspirations for sticker designs
- Look at the competitor’s designs and see what you like or dislike about them
- Test out new design concepts by making a prototype or sketching them out on paper before moving into digital space.
Share Your Products
You need to share your products on social media. When you do, you are reaching out to a wider audience and generating sales.
Though you can get a lot of traffic from the Redbubble marketplace, leveraging social media can boost your earnings.
Many people use social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to promote their Redbubble designs and found success.
I personally found success using Pinterest but I recommend you to pick a platform that you are comfortable in promoting your designs.
Beat Your Competitors
Look at your competitors and try to create a better version of the designs that are selling well for them. You can find the best-selling designs of your competitor by going to their store and sorting the products by “best sellers.”
If you find a simple text design, add some art, change the font and the color that works well on Redbubble or combine with a trending design that we discussed earlier.
This way, you can add more designs to your portfolio at the same time you can beat your competitor because you have a better design than what they have.
Just a word of caution, do not copy their designs instead use it as inspiration and make a better design.
That’s it. We have come to the end of the article.
If you follow the above-mentioned tips and ideas then you are more likely to increase your sales on Redbubble.