In this article, you will learn how to promote your Teespring store on Pinterest. It will be a step-by-step guide with all the information you need to get started on Pinterest to drive traffic to your Teespring campaigns.
Why Use Pinterest To Promote Teespring?
Pinterest is a social bookmarking site that will help you promote your T-shirts. It can be a great place to drive traffic to your Teespring store and establish your brand.
It offers a great opportunity for advertising as it has over 100 million monthly active users and a majority of them are women, aged 25–54.
This age group has a lot more buying power than male audiences in other social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
Though it is a powerful and often overlooked marketing opportunity. It may not be the right place for everyone especially if you are in a niche catered towards men.
In general, pins with an eye-catching image and catchy description can get huge engagement, and if you do it well, Pinterest can be the best platform to promote your shop.
Also, there has been a recent study that shows that there are more buyers who are searching for products on Pinterest than on any other platform.
One downside to using Pinterest for Teespring is that you cannot integrate your store on Pinterest like you can on ETSY. However, you can still pin your product images from your Teespring store to promote them.
So now you have a clear understanding of what to expect from Pinterest, let’s see how you can use it to drive traffic.
What Do You Need To Get Started On Pinterest?
To create beautiful and eye-catching images on Pinterest, you need to have a good toolkit.
- Designing tool to create your pins (Use canva for Free)
- Pinterest chrome extension
How to Setup Your Pinterest account?
To set up a Pinterest account, do the following:
- Login with Pinterest and create a busienss account
- Fill in your profile information and click “Continue”
- Click “Create Boards” and create 5 to 6 boards that are relevant to your niche. Make sure to write board description that naturally
- Click “Create Pin” and add a new pin or find one you like and add to your boards. Make sure to add at least 8 to 10 pins to relevant boards.
- Follow some boards and accounts in your target niche.
The above information should be good enough to get you started. However, you can read this article for a complete tutorial.
How To Create Optimized Boards On Pinterest?
When creating your Pinterest boards, it’s important to make sure they are optimized for visibility so they show up organically in the right search results. This includes using relevant keywords in your descriptions, including hashtags if applicable, and prioritizing images with high-quality photo resolution.
To optimize Pinterest boards you need to identify what your audience is looking for from your content and then choose keywords that are relevant and useful for them.
To identify the keywords that are best for your audience you should ask yourself:
- Who am I sharing my board with?
- What does my content look like?
- What do they want out of it?
Once you have the relevant keywords, follow the below tips!
- Keep your boards focused on one topic
- Use relevant images that are eye catching
- Consider adding pins from related boards
- Make sure you follow the rules and guidelines set out by Pinterest so you don’t run into issues with copyright or not following the brands guidelines.
How To Pin Your Teespring Products On Pinterest?
An easy way to save product images from your Teespring store with no hassle is to use the Pinterest Chrome extension.
The most important thing is that it helps you save pins directly from the Teespring store without any hassle and then share them with your own boards.
As an alternative, you can also follow the below steps to pin the product images from your Teespring store.
- Click “Create Pin” on Pinterest
- Select “Save from site” available below the upload image area
- Copy the Teespring listing URL and paste it
- Select the product image to pin
- Choose relevant board and publish
How To Create Custom Pins?
Canva is a free design tool that offers many features for your design needs. You can choose from many different templates and layouts for your social media content.
It also allows you to add text, graphics, or videos that can help you make your own graphic designs to share on Pinterest.
If you are looking to generate content for your Pinterest page, then Canva is a great tool.
Since you are promoting your Teespring products on Pinterest, you can use Canva to add some call to action to your product image like “Shop Now” or “On Sale”.
Just play around with the premade Canva template for Pinterest to get a sense of the tool!
Pinning strategy to drive traffic to your Teespring store!
To promote your Teespring store, you need to pin product pins, pins from other users that are relevant to your niche, and custom pins that you create using Canva.
It is a good strategy to have a mix of informational and product pins so you can drive more traffic to your Pinterest account and eventually to your Teespring store.
For example, if you have a pet Teespring store, you can save pins that can be informative to pet lovers like “How to train your dog,” “why dogs lick their paws” and more.
I would suggest adding one product pin for every 3 pins that you save to your boards. However, if you have a board specific to product pins like “Featured products,” then it makes sense to pin only product images to that board.
If it sounds a bit confusing, just find some accounts in your niche that are selling Teespring products and create boards and pins using their strategy as an inspiration.
That’s how simple it is.
And finally when it comes to promoting your t-shirt on Pinterest keep the below information in mind!
- Start a board for the type of shirts that you’re selling. Include photos of the clothes, close-ups, and descriptions. Be sure to include tags that show where they can purchase your items.
- Use the keyword “t-shirt” in your description
- Make sure the image includes your brand name
- Add tags that relate to your brand such as “sales”, “sale”, or “gift”
How to schedule your Pinterest pins?
Most people struggle to come up with a consistent schedule on when they want to post their pins. It can be particularly difficult when you don’t want your pins to clash with others. With a tailwind, you can make a schedule that will prevent that from happening and make sure that your pins are not conflicting with any of the other pins on the account.
The app allows scheduling of pins up to 2 weeks in advance, with the option of adding multiple pins on the same day or week. You can also choose exactly when you want your pin to appear on the Pinterest page, and to which boards it will be pinned.
The best part about using Tailwind is that it allows you to be productive and scale your business when it comes to social media management.
If you don’t want to use a scheduling tool then you can schedule them directly on Pinterest.
- Log into your Pinterest account
- Click create and select “Create Pin”
- Add the image/video and other details
- Choose the board to publish
- Select “Publish at a later date” and provide the date and time
- Hit publish
That’s it. Follow the above-mentioned tips and strategies to promote your Teespring store successfully on Pinterest.