YouTube offers monetization options for content creators. These include advertising, selling Merch, and YouTube’s subscription service. However, if you want to get paid on YouTube without monetizing then you can leverage other opportunities like setting up a Patreon for your channel.
Apart from Patreon, there are other ways to make money on YouTube without ads and that’s what you will learn today.
YouTube’s monetization policies have changed recently, and channels need to have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the past 12 months to be eligible for monetization. However, there are still ways to monetize your YouTube channel without Adsense. One method is to sell ebooks.
Creating and selling ebooks is a great way to make money from your expertise or knowledge. You can write on any topic, from cooking to finance to fitness. The only investment is your time in creating the ebook. As an alternative, you can also hire someone on Fiverr to write for a few bucks.
To create an ebook, you can use software to convert blog articles into ebooks in just a few minutes. You can also design a cover or hire a designer to create one for you. Once you have your ebook, you can use Gumroad or Sendowl to sell it online. Gumroad and Sendowl allow you to upload your ebook and set a price. When someone buys your ebook, they can download it instantly.
To promote your ebook on YouTube, create engaging videos that show book highlights, include book trailers (if appropriate), and provide informative video descriptions. Create videos that have a strong call-to-action so viewers can find out more about the topic. Add the link to your ebook after the intro in the description and in the pinned comment.
With a small channel, you can make anywhere from $300 to $1000 per month from selling ebooks. However, it’s important to remember that the success of selling ebooks on YouTube depends on the topic and the size of the audience.
- Use software to convert blog articles into ebooks in just a few minutes.
- Design a cover or hire a designer to create one for you.
- Use Gumroad or Sendowl to sell your ebook online.
- Create engaging videos that show book highlights and include a strong call-to-action.
- Promote your ebook in the video description and pinned comment.
Affiliate marketing is a partnership between a brand and content creators where the brand provides the content creator with an affiliate code or link. Every time the content creator gets somebody to make a purchase or sometimes even just signing up for a free offer through a link, they are paid a commission.
The commission percentage can range from 10 to 50 percent of the profits. That’s why you’ll often hear YouTubers saying something like “Don’t forget to use my code for $20 off your first purchase.” They are promoting their affiliate code or link and every time their subscribers use the code, they are paid a portion of the profits.
The best way to make money on YouTube with affiliate marketing is by building a channel around a niche and promoting products specific to that niche. For example, a YouTube channel around keto recipes can promote a keto diet plan. In this way, you can increase the conversion rate.
To use YouTube for affiliate marketing, pick a good niche and target audience. Use relevant keywords in the titles and descriptions, and tailor videos based on what type of audience you want to target. Create videos that appeal to niche audiences like millennials or moms.
With a couple of hundred followers and a few thousand views, you can make a decent side hustle through affiliate marketing. Once you have 10K followers, you can make a full-time income without YouTube AdSense.
Recommended Affiliate Networks:
- Share A Sale
- Build a channel around a niche and promote products specific to that niche.
- Use relevant keywords in the titles and descriptions.
- Tailor videos based on what type of audience you want to target.
- Create videos that appeal to niche audiences like millennials or moms.
Another simple and easy way to make money on YouTube is through crowdfunding. You can ask people to fund your channel for you to keep creating valuable content. Use your PayPal or Stripe account to get a unique link and put it in your channel description. When people click through the link, they can contribute.
You can also do this professionally by signing up for an account with Patreon.com and inviting people to help and support the channel. Many small YouTubers follow this strategy, and it works. Give it a shot!
The amount you can make through crowdfunding depends on your target audience. You should not target an audience that may not have a PayPal or Stripe account. Examples of a wrong audience could be people under the age of 17 and countries that do not support PayPal/Stripe.
Is there any fee or requirement to set up Patreon? To become a Patreon, there is no fee or requirement for applicants. You can be an artist, musician, writer, or anyone else who is creative and passionate about what they do.
Is Patreon worth it in 2021? Patreon allows creators to create exclusive content for their supporters and establish a sustainable income by doing what they love. However, Patreon does not work for everyone. It comes down to whether or not the creator is passionate about their work. So, if you are someone willing to go the extra mile to create some exclusive content for your audience, Patreon still works in 2021.
- Use your PayPal or Stripe account to get a unique link and put it in your channel description.
- Sign up for an account with Patreon.com and invite people to help and support the channel.
- Do not target an audience that may not have a PayPal or Stripe account.
Sell your skill
You can make money by helping others with your skills as a YouTuber. Being a YouTuber, you will probably know how to create thumbnails and add intro/outro to your videos. Why not make money with those skills while you are growing your channel?
You can even upsell your clients with other services like YouTube SEO and increase your profit. This way, you can make some extra income while you are waiting for your YouTube channel to get monetized.
Platforms to sell YouTube as a service While most platforms like Upwork and Freelancer are notorious for not paying their freelancers, there are a few platforms that are safe to post your job on. Here’s a list of good places:
- 99designs: This platform is the best for designers who want to offer their services with guaranteed payments.
- Elance: This platform allows freelancers to find projects and get paid through a hybrid payment system where the freelancers get 80% after the project is finished while 20% goes into escrow until the project is finished.
- Guru: Guru allows you to create jobs for freelance designers, programmers, writers, marketers, admins, and more with 0% fees plus a free software license of your choice.
- Upwork: Upwork is the largest online platform for freelancing with over $1 billion USD in transactions. More than 20 million freelancers from across the world use Upwork to find jobs and work on client projects.
- Fiverr: This platform offers lower rates for services than its competitors, and they allow buyers and sellers to connect using a private messaging system.
On average, a graphic designer for YouTube thumbnails will generally make between $200 and $500 per month. That’s not bad if you consider the fact that it only takes about half an hour to complete most designs.
- Use your skills as a YouTuber to make money.
- Upsell your clients with other services like YouTube SEO to increase your profit.
- Check out safe platforms like 99designs, Elance, Guru, Upwork, and Fiverr to sell your services.
Got a website or a blog? Then YouTube becomes the best source for blog traffic, and it will help boost your website ranking. Inside your blog, you can have affiliate links or your products to monetize.
You can also run ads on your website, and here you just need 100 visitors per month to qualify. If you target a blog post with high CPC keywords, then you can make a lot of money with Google AdSense. So, use your YouTube to drive traffic to your blog post and start making money indirectly.
If you don’t have a blog, start building it today. It’s not just a website; it’s your online asset. You can re-purpose your YouTube videos as blog posts, or vice versa, to increase your online presence.
- Use your YouTube to drive traffic to your blog and start making money indirectly.
- Use high CPC keywords to increase your revenue with Google AdSense.
- Repurpose your YouTube videos as blog posts, or vice versa, to increase your online presence.
On average, a person can make up to $16,000 per year by blogging. However, this number will vary depending on the frequency of posts and how well you monetize your blog through ads or affiliate links.
Lead generation is one of my favorite methods, where you can collect leads and send them to CPA offers and make money on a per lead basis. You can partner with brands on Maxbounty and send them leads through your YouTube channel.
Some brands pay when a user installs an app through your link or signs up for a free trial. Here, your viewers need not purchase anything; instead, they have taken some action like mentioned above, so you can make your commission.
Survey Junkey pays around $1.50 for each email signup through your link. Many people have made a great fortune through CPA marketing. So, this is something I can recommend to get started while waiting for your channel to be monetized.
- Collect leads and send them to CPA offers to make money on a per lead basis.
- Partner with brands on Maxbounty and send them leads through your YouTube channel.
- Survey Junkey pays around $1.50 for each email signup through your link.
The most successful individuals in the lead generation industry make between $1,000 to $20,000 per month. Lead generation service providers will typically charge by the number and quality of leads generated by each campaign. The average cost is between $18-30 per lead for top-tier providers.
he last but not least method to earn from your YouTube channel is to sell shoutouts. My suggestion would be to turn down the first offer that you receive. Trust me, and you will be approached by plenty of people with a better price, and always try to negotiate and get a better deal.
One key aspect here is to always make sure that you are promoting something relevant to your audience, else it will turn them off, and you will see a decline in engagement and views in the long run.
- Sell shoutouts to earn from your YouTube channel.
- Negotiate and get a better deal.
- Promote something relevant to your audience.
On average, you can make $500 per month from brand sponsorship. But the amount differs from channel to channel, as well as sponsorship opportunities that the brand offers. Depending on how much of your content is sponsored, how desirable are your videos, and how often do you post, it will vary on how much money you can make.
Any other information on YouTube monetization alternatives?
Always disclose your partnership, affiliate links, and promotions in your video description and comply with all YouTube policies. This way, when your YouTube channel goes for monetization review, you will not have any issues.
Finally, you don’t have to be on camera to make YouTube videos and get monetized. There are plenty of ways to make money on YouTube without relying on ads. With the above methods, you can start monetizing your channel today and diversify your income sources.