It is always a good idea to check if a survey site is legit or not before you put in your valuable time and energy.
There are so many survey sites out there that are just going to waste your time with very little to no money in return.
That is the main reason I created this article to provide a 360-degree Survey Junkie review.
In this article, I am going to breakdown everything about survey junkie.
And finally, answer the question, “Is survey junkie legitimate?”
About survey junkie
When we look at how established this company is, it’s definitely not a newcomer to the market.
Survey Junkie was founded in 2013, and they are in the game for at least 10 years.
According to their website, they have around 10 million members who take surveys for other companies.
Looking at the company’s standard, it looks good but still, I cannot be sure if it is legit.
So I went on to dig deep, and I have addressed them through the below questions.
How does Survey Junkie work?
In a nutshell, their business model is to connect brands with their customers. They do this by helping brands understand their customer experience by taking inputs from them in the form of surveys.
They have a connection with brands in different categories ranging from your home appliances to online websites.
You as a Survey Junkie member will get to earn real money in the form of points that you can cash out.
I have covered the different payment methods provided by Survey Junkie down in this article.
Now let me explain to you the process Step By Step!
First, you will need to create an account with Survey Junkie, which is free, but there are two eligibility criteria.
- You should be in the United States, Canada or Australia to become a Survey Junkie member.
- You should be at least 13 years old
If you are not in one of these countries, do not worry!
I have another great opportunity to make some extra cash online.
Once you have created your account, you will need to complete your profile information and answer a few questions.
Another good thing to note here is you can signup with your existing FB account or Gmail account.
This makes the signup process simple and easy. By doing the above steps, you will get to earn points from Survey Junkie.
- Creating your account will give you 25 points
- Answering questions to complete your profile will give you 50 points
- If you choose to take a tour on how to use Survey Junkie, you will get another 5 points
After that, you are all set to take up surveys. Every day you can log into your account and start taking the surveys
you can look for emails from Survey Junkie and then take it from there.
This way you are not wasting time logging in each time and checking for surveys.
One thing to keep in mind is that you should have opted-in to receive survey emails and only then it will work.
Well, did I forget to mention about the focus group?
Yep, they have this new concept called focus group where you can collaborate and provide a holistic opinion.
For these surveys, you will get paid more than the regular surveys.
And this is something very unique about this site.
Now you know how everything works, and it’s time to look at the earning potential.
How much can you make with Survey Junkie?
I was curious to know how much can I make and I went directly to their FAQ section to find it.
Here is what I found, The first sentence that I saw was, ” You will NOT get rich by taking surveys”, which is fine and I understand that.
They also mentioned that the rewards vary based on the surveys, your commitment, and regular participation.
So, if you are going to participate regularly then you will get more opportunities.
If you are still skeptical like me, then keep reading.
Survey Junkie Income proof:
Still, I wanted some proof from a real person to confirm if “Survey Junkie is actually Legit”.
So I researched further and came across this video,
I found that people are getting paid, but it is equally important to know how the payment method before signing up.
I have come across situations as I find payment options that I cannot use. So it is always better to check upfront.
Here is what they have for you!
How do you get paid from survey junkie?
The best part about Survey Junkie is that you can redeem the points like real money and the below information will help you.
First, you will need 1000 points (equivalent to $10) to redeem it, and depending on your country you can either get it transferred directly to your bank account or receive it on your PayPal account.
- Cash-out points using PayPal (Available in all the countries)
- Gift cards from popular stores (Available only in the U.S)
- Direct bank transfer (Available only in the US)
If you are in any other country apart from the US (i.e. Australia and Canada for now) you will definitely need a PayPal account.
Is survey junkie taxable?
Yes, it is taxable. If you are making money from a platform, you are most likely expected to pay your taxes and keep a record of them.
Closing Survey Junkie Account:
Also, it is good to know what happens when you want to close your account for some reason! Firstly, you should contact their customer support to request for closing your account.
Once they received your request, they will delete your account permanently. Which means, all your data along with your pending points will be permanently deleted and cannot be reinstated. So I suggest you redeem your points before closing it.
Here is a detailed post on how to delete your survey junkie account correctly.
Survey Junkie Testimonials
I also found some great testimonials and reviews from TrustPilot, but I personally do not go with random testimonials than actual proof like the video you saw above.
In case you are interested to see the testimonials.
I can definitely say it is a legit program but let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of this survey site.
Pros of Survey Junkie
- Easy to use interface: They have a very simple and beginner-friendly dashboard, which allows anyone to get started and take surveys fast quickly. In this case, you do not need to install any software, and in fact, you can do take the surveys via your mobile phone.
- Good Payment Method: They have the most common cash out method, PayPal. If you do not have one, you can easily create an account here.
- Reasonable Threshold:They have a generous payout threshold of $10 which is considered good when compared with other survey sites where they have a limit of $20 to $25
- No Spam: You need not provide your contact number. So you are assured that your privacy is safe and no spam call headaches. Another thing to note is that you may receive a lot of emails about upcoming surveys for you. So make sure to have a separate email for this site.
- Good customer support: Whenever I reach to them over an email, I always get a response with 6 hrs. This is something very important because you do not want to get suck at something and waiting forever.
Cons of Survey Junkie
- Fewer Opportunities: No other choices to get paid apart from taking surveys.
- Fewer Countries: Program is currently available in 3 countries only (United States, Canada, and Australia)
- Chances of missing out: In case you have not opted to their email subscription or not logging into your account quite often, you will end up taking no surveys as most are quickly picked up by other members.
- Disqualification: You can get disqualified from surveys after going through it, which is common in most survey sites. However, they provide a few points just for showing up which is good, but at the same time, you are not getting all the points for the time spent.
- Not a full-time job:You can not reply to this income as it is volatile and time-consuming. However, if you are doing this to make some extra cash, then it is okay.
“Is Survey Junkie legitimate?”
Yes, without a doubt but you should see if you actually want to take this up considering the advantages and disadvantages!
I recommend Survey Junkie If, You are planning to do it as a part-time activity to make some extra cash in your free time.
Let’s say you are waiting for your friends to finish their lunch, at that time you can quickly pullout your mobile and answer a few surveys.
You are seriously bored with your professors class, pick up your phone and make some extra cash.
If you are planning to save some cash to invest in your long term business like blogging, email marketing etc..
This is the best method to make up the cash to buy a domain or an email marketing software.
I do not recommend Survey Junkie If, You are planning to quit your 9 to 5 job and make a full time living with Survey Junkie. If you are looking for a passive income method, this is not for you.